The end of summer...

Friday, August 15, 2014

    My calendar says that it is August 12th but summer is just about over around here. School starts here on August 18th. That is not a typo. August 18th. August is the armpit of the calendar here in the Sunshine state. From November to April, our weather is the envy of most of the rest of the nation. August, not so much. Yesterday the weather girl said that the "feels like" high would be 105 degrees. It is a sticky, muggy, buggy 105 degrees. I seriously don't know how people used to live down here without central air condition. It still feels like summer but summer is officially over tomorrow when we have to attend 9th grade orientation at the high school… Boo Hoo.

   In the meantime, I've been chilling in my AC and listing lots of interesting stuff in my two ebay stores.  Here are some of the more interesting things that my clients have given me lately.



I call this guy Winnie The Jew… He is a Hannukkah Bear…

Click here for details 

One of my clients has been clearing out her gorgeous MacKenzie Childs Collection. I'm not sure why, as each piece that she gives me is prettier than the next. This decanter is fabulous..
Click here for details

This little bowl is so pretty too….


click here for details


    These Gucci rain boots are so fabulous that if they were my size, I'd have to bid on them myself. Nothing makes a rainy day sunnier than Gucci!

Click here for details 

Have you bought anything great on eBay lately? I love to hear treasure hunting finds!

5 comments:

Susie said...

Don't cry sweet Japolina. It does seem so sad that our long awaited summer is slipping away. Plus the fact that your son is going to be a freshman...waaaa. I'll cry for you. I cried this past week, when I realized that this year is our last grandparents' day with the Emma . Savannah now is too old for it, being in the 6th grade. It's sad how fast it all went by. The shock will wear off soon and you will be busy once more with the boys and school. Will your son be driving to school?? Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Karis said...

Our A/C went out last weekend and it was miserable. We were hot and sticky after coming back from the Wynwood Art Walk, only to discover it was hotter inside our apartment than outside! Thankfully, our property manager is awesome and had it fixed the next morning.

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

mmmhm, August is miserable in FL.

haha, Winnie the Jew that cracked me up!

Jade Wright said...

Ahh such a pity that your summer is coming to an end - but I'm also pretty stoked because that means it is FINALLY coming to US here in South Africa!! Hahaha it has been an awfully cold winter and I am literally resembling a trembling, shivering casper.

Keep strong lovely lady xx

www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

vivian said...

At least when school starts down there, it doesnt also bring the unwanted winter weather closer to you and like you said, nov to april are perfect down there, while they are like hell up here.. well, hell would be hot.. but you know what I mean! Im dreading those months! lol!
happy sunday!
xoxo
vivian

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)