The Miracle Season

Friday, March 23, 2018

    I was on a Dance Team in High School. During my first year, the squad was full of newbies as the prior team had all graduated. We thought we were great because when we danced at Pep Rallies and during halftime shows, our school family cheered and told us we were amazing. You can imagine our disappointment and surprise when, during our first spring as a team, we went to the State Competition and bombed out. We realized we pretty much sucked compared to the other teams.  During the long drive home from the competition, we decided we did not want to suck anymore.

    We went to dance camps over the summer, we hired a choreographer and we practiced and practiced and practiced. When our bodies hurt and our feet were covered in blisters, we practiced more. The next year, we went back to the State Championship and killed it. We then went onto the National Championship and won it. 

   I feel that those years of practice and discipline have helped me throughout my adult life. I know that when I want something, I can get it if I work hard enough. 

    This is why I was really excited when Grace Hill Media sent me the trailer for The Miracle Season which is in theaters on April 6th.  This film is based on the inspiring true story of West High School girls' volleyball team.  After the tragic death of the school's star player Caroline "Line" Found, the remaining team players must band together under the guidance of their tough-love coach in hope of winning the state championship.


Click here to watch the trailer

1 comments:

Susie said...

Japolina, You could be a motivational speaker for young girls. My feet hurt thinking of young feet with blisters and hurting...ouch. I hope your parents recorded your dance days. I think that will be a great movie for young people. Hope you and your family are doing well. Squeeze those boys tight, they are growing up. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)