Summer is here....

Friday, June 7, 2013

As a mother of two boys who completed 9th and 7th grade yesterday, who hosted a Bar Mitzvah in the Bahamas two weeks ago, whose husband, after much deep consideration, just made a major career change , who now has to pack 4 camp trunks for sleep
away camp, who decided to undertake some freelance lawyer work which is more time-consumng than ever, who has been to 1 ER and two orthopedist offices in the past week, and is peri-menopausal,  I AM EXHAUSTED.

Usually when Summer Break arrives, I am enthusiastic. I am usually dancing in the carpool line. Not this year but I have resolved to fake it until it arrives.  In the words of one of my BFF, "respect the lull".  No homework. No 6:15 a.m. school bus to make.  No less nagging , bitching and yelling. 

Furthermore, soon the beasts will be heading off to the mountains for a month of good clean fun. This means, maybe 2 Publix Supermarket trips (the whole month!!!!) , way less laundry, way less driving and no nagging, bitching or yelling! Woo Hoo. Just typing that made me feel a little more summery.


5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

lol i read the "breasts" were heading --- had to go back and read that one again! mine headed south long ago!

smiles, bee
xoxo

angryparsnip said...

Yea You !
I loved summer with the little ones. When they got older it was fun but of a different kind.
You need some feet-up and ice tea by the pool time.

cheers, parsnip

Susie said...

Japolina, We dearly love our children and husbands...but sometimes we just need a break. I only really cleaned house once when my husband went on his golf trip. So nice. xoxo,Susie

20 North Ora said...

Enjoy the time they are home. They grow up so fast and summer will be over so quickly. I always enjoyed having my kids home for the summer, but then, I'm that person who always cried on the first day of school. Oh well.....

Judy

Anonymous said...

Can we go to new york city for a few days? I want to shop (for inspiration, mainly), eat and visit a museum or two sans child... i have no miles and no hotel points . :( but i could go. you can skype A, and see him at xmas, lol. Don't your prada shoes want to visit their nyc store? lol xo jo

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)