I'm a bad cook but I came up with something good...

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I'm a horrible cook. It is crazy because my sister graduated from culinary school and my Mom is a great cook. I don't know what happened to me.  

When I fell in love with my husband a million (23) years ago, I immediately instituted what I like to call "The Chinese Rule".  If I cook something and it sucks, he is free to order Chinese Take out without any hurt feelings.  This rule has been put to use many times over the years and it has now evolved to the "Cereal for Dinner Rule" by my sons.

So it is quite shocking to me that the following recipe is a HUGE hit with all three of the giant men who live in my home.  

I've been trying for years to get my boys to eat eggs in the morning before school.  I feel that the protein helps them focus.  It has been an uphill battle. They will eat eggs for a few days and then ask for cereal or waffles.

I started making a variation of this recipe for myself a few months ago and tweeked it to where my  husband and sons are begging for it.  My husband even brought some into work one morning and everyone was raving.

I never use these Pilsbury cresent rolls in anything else
 but here, they are really yummy and they take no time to make...

I used the low fat version of the rolls but I bought the regular ones at Costco this week. They taste the same

I use a muffin pan that makes 6 jumbo muffins. Spray with Pam
Pre-heat oven to 350

Put one uncooked crescent roll in each muffin cup. 
Take one small carton of egg beaters and pour evenly across the 6 muffin tins until carton in empty
Sometimes I put a half a piece of crumbled bacon in each cup. I'm not a bacon eater but the men love it and a half of a piece is not really terrible.
Sprinkle with shredded cheese

Cook in oven for 30 minutes

Thats it. They are best served right out of the oven but can be reheated.


4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That sounds quick and easy! Love these kind of recipes! And I don't believe you are a horrible cook! xo Diana

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

very interesting. i wonder if that would work with those low cal english muffins. hmmm...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Susie said...

Japolina, I love this...so easy. It would be a good thing to make during holiday time, when a woman's time is hurried. Thank you, for sharing this recipe. xoxo,Susie

Unknown said...

They sound delicious actually -
Now where's the photo of the finished product?
Don't you know we need to pin these LOL???
XOXO

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)