I would have certainly purchased a set of these to put on my cute letters that I send to my boys at sleep away camp but I doubt that a letter with a stamp saying "toss" would pull them away from the poker games that are played on the floor of the cabin during their downtime.
As you might know, the post office keeps saying that they are losing money. I don't know how this can be true as my little eBay business alone probably keeps someone in a job over there. However, they keep complaining and are going to raise postage rates again in January.
To make matters worse, they are going to destroy the entire press run of the "just move" stamp series. It seems that the President's Council of Fitness, Sports & Nutrition (those same guys who used to make you try to do pull ups in elementary school) were worried that three of the stamps were promoting unsafe activities.
These unsafe stamps were "Cannonball", "Skateboarding (without pads)"and Balance (doing a headstand without a helmet)
Here are my thoughts:
- These are drawings of faceless kids.
- Who is going to claim that they skateboarded without pads after viewing it on a stamp?
- Other than kids at camp, actually gets any mail with stamps on it?
- What is wrong with a good old fashioned cannonball?
- Last, but not least, who the hell wears a helmet when doing a handstand?
This is government bureaucracy at its worse. Just when I thought I could not be any more angry at Washington, this stupid report came out. What will happen next?