Book Review…"The Atlas of Love"

Thursday, November 7, 2013

    I was an English major. I love to read. I have read a lot of literature despite my youngish age.  I find that these days, I don't read as much as I used to as my busy life and tired eyes seem to make me bore quickly if a novel does not catch my attention right away.

     I recently read "The Atlas of Love" by Laurie Frankel. 

While I would call the genre of this novel "chick lit", Frankel's writing is really, really good.  The book read like a friend is telling you her story. The premise for the book is that a graduate student becomes pregnant and she and her two closest friends decide to raise the baby together and share the work.  It is sweet, funny and smart. It is not upsetting. It is not confusing. It is just what a busy girl needs in a novel at this time of year. I read it in two days.

I loved it so much, that I emailed the author to tell her so. (I never do this but will doing it more often). Guess what? She wrote back!  

If you want a well written, easy read, I would highly recommend this one. 

4 comments:

Susie said...

Japolina, That sounds like a great book. I am really dragging my butt reading anymore. I love a book that grabs at the start. Hope you have great weekend, xoxo,Susie

angryparsnip said...

Sounds great.
Love the cover art.

cheers, parsip

NanaDiana said...

That sounds like a good book. Every once in a while I love a quick, fun read. Otherwise, I do a lot of "business" type reading. xo Diana

Baby Mama said...

I am putting this on my list! I love reading, but some nights one page is all I can manage! :) Sometimes a fast read is just what you need to get back into the groove!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)