What I've been up to...

Saturday, November 23, 2013

I have not been blogging much lately. I've been extra, extra busy. Besides getting my house as company ready as possible for Thanksgivukkah, I've been doing a lot of freelance legal work. I've also been eBaying like crazy (I guess my clients are getting company ready by purging)

One of my clients gave me a shopping bag full of jewelry from her travels around the world. It is all so gorgeous. I guess the mini-hoarder in me can't believe that someone would want to give up such prettiness like these pieces





Another client gave me a carload full of Chinese pots and other home decor items. So pretty…


And another small footed friend (Size 5!) gave me these pretty Kate Spade shoes. I'd wear those to Publix every day if they fit me!


 Here is the link to my ebay store in case you want to check out the details of the above.

In the meantime, my husband informed me that his office was having a potluck pre-thanksgiving fest and I'd need to provide my famous corn soufflĂ© for 70 this week.  I decided to try to make it in muffin tins instead of a casserole dish. I made samples in mini and regular tin sizes.  Both were delicious.  I actually just ate them for dinner on Thursday night when I was baking them in lieu of grown up food.

This is the jiffy corn muffin recipe. (jiffy mix, corn, creamed corn, sour cream, eggs.  Totally fattening. Totally delicious.




 I'll try to post some photos of my crazy Thanksgivukkah table decoration that I'm concocting.

7 comments:

Susie said...

Japolina, Oh my , I do not want to cook for 70...wow. Just cooking for family is quite enough. :):) Those bracelets are wonderful. I love that glamy tortoise shell one. Hope you have a wonderful week. Enjoy all the hugs and kind words. Family is the best...most times. LOL. xoxox, Susie

angryparsnip said...

The corm pudding sounds really wonderful !

cheers, parsnip

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Those are some beautiful items for sale! LOVE those shoes- wish they would fit me- if you double the size they would- lol

I make my corn bread the same way- it is totally fattening and totally delicious. xo Diana

Cheryl said...

What beautiful treasures you were given! You must be such a fabulous spirit that those people picked up on that and gave you some of their treasures :-)

This is Belgium said...

wish I could serve clients like that :)

Anonymous said...

mmm, corn souffle, yum!

Anonymous said...

mmm, corn souffle, yum!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)